3 Ways a Chiropractor Can Help Your Personal Injury Claim
According to the South Carolina Department of Public Safety, In 2020 there was one person injured due to an auto accident every 11 minutes. The economic loss due to traffic collisions in the state was upwards of $4.42 billion in 2020, the latest data available. Workplace injuries are far more common, according to the National Safety Council, which states a worker is injured in some way in the United States every seven seconds. This equates to 540 work injuries per hour and more than 7 million per year
If you’ve been injured in a car accident or have suffered a workplace injury, you know how scary it can be and how uncertain the future of your health can be. Similar emotions are felt if the accident is work-related as well. It’s scary to face a future with injuries and not knowing how to best recover. At Greenville Spine Institute, personal injuries are a specific focus of Dr. Kevin P. Lewis and his staff. They understand how you feel and know how to help.
Most common types of personal injuries
The most common injuries due to traffic accidents are:
- Soft tissue damage to muscles, tendons, and ligaments,
- Upper or lower back strains, and
For workplace injuries, the most common ones are:
- Sprains, tears, and strains, and
- Chronic back pain (especially for those who sit for long hours).
These types of injuries can almost always be treated with expert chiropractic care. In fact, it is these kinds of injuries that are treated most at Greenville Spine. It’s important to see a chiropractor soon after being injured however so you can be properly assessed and a treatment plan can be created for your specific injuries.
Chiropractic Care & Personal Injury Claims
While expert chiropractic care from Greenville Spine Institute can certainly help you to feel better and recover from your injuries, chiropractic care can also help when it comes to personal injury claims. One of the primary problems following a personal injury is that it’s hard to find the right treatment options. Should you go to the hospital, primary care provider, specialty physician, or somewhere else? Because the majority of personal injuries in both car accidents and workplace injuries are ones to ligaments and tendons, an expert chiropractor is an excellent first option since it is these types of injuries that we treat the most.
Here are three ways we can help with personal injury claims:
- Through an extensive consultation, we are able to create a treatment plan specific to your injury(ies) that involves zero drugs or invasive surgeries. This type of treatment is much less expensive than using medication and surgical options to treat injuries that may very well be fixed through regular chiropractic care.
- Initial (and sometimes longer) treatment may be covered by insurance if you see a chiropractor immediately following your personal injury. Our office staff can help you navigate the medical paperwork needed to file your claim and possibly have chiropractic care covered.
- By taking proactive steps to assess injuries and start treatment, your chances of winning your personal injury claim typically are higher since you’ve established the injury with a medical professional and have documentation through your chiropractor’s records.
If you’re an attorney and need to figure out the best course of action for your client, please contact us. We consistently work with personal injury attorneys to make sure their clients have the best possible care for injuries and treatment plan for the future.
This is from one of our patients who came to Greenville Spine following an accident:
My husband and I were referred to Dr. Lewis after an automobile accident by one of his patients. I am eternally grateful that we listened to my co-worker that urged us to go. We went through a full physical therapy treatment and my husband bounced back and is feeling better than ever before! I unfortunately got into another accident, and Dr.Lewis did not hesitate to get me in and get scans done. He is extremely informative and caring! I’m in the middle of my second physical therapy treatment, and I know that if it wasn’t for Dr. Lewis, his wonderful staff, and their masseuse Amanda, I probably wouldn’t be able to do anything that is required of me in daily life. Working behind a computer every day would be near impossible without these people in my life.
So really, if you are in need of a Chiropractor, look no further because you won’t find a better doctor out there.
Deanna R., Greer, SC
Make Your Appointment
Ready to make your appointment with Greenville Spine? We’ll do a full consultation, including an exam, questionnaire, and x-rays. No two patients are alike and neither are our treatment plans. You deserve to live a life free of pain and we want to make that happen for you. Contact us to arrange an appointment.